“A narcissus frenzy and the changing forest” – this is the name of the exhibition at the Höfen National Park gate. Large depictions of wild narcissus create a special atmosphere – you can see thousands of these right by the gate in the spring. They are still surrounded by conifers from when the forest was used commercially – these trees are gradually being replaced by a natural mixed deciduous forest. Audio, fragrant and tactile stations make this exhibition an experience for all the senses. Free entry.
- Tourist Information
- “Narzissenrausch und Waldwandel” (A narcissus frenzy and the changing forest) exhibition
- Digital terrain model
- National Park films
- Languages: audio versions of all texts are available in German, Dutch, French and English
National Park host “Bistro Alte Molkerei” (tel. +49 (0) 2472 8025777) is situated next to the National Park gate (in the same Building).
Information on barrier-free accessibility
- Wheelchair accessible
- Disabled toilet
- Audio, aromatic and tactile stations
- Films with subtitles and sign language
- Tactile paving
- Text also provided in Braille
Wahlerscheid car park, which is just a few kilometres from Höfen National Park gate, is the starting point for free guided tours of the southern part of the National Park: the Wahlerscheid ranger tour begins there at 2pm each Tuesday.
1st April to 31st October from 9am to 5pm
1st November to 31st March from 10am to 4pm